Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
4 Year Bday Party
Rhiannon
04/23/10
I am having a birthday party for my four year old daughter and well this year everyone seems to want to come. Can you please let me know if I have enough food or to much. There are 35 adults and 16 kids. Following is the menu:

100 pieces chicken (legs and thighs)
50 hot dogs
10 lbs potato salad
8 lbs mac n cheese
8 lbs pasta salad
5 loaves garlic bread
2 lbs baked beans

10 gallons of punch
62 bottles of water

adults are bringing their own alcohol if they want it.

Do I need more or less of any of the above. Should I add any additional menu items. This is the most I have ever served and I'm a little stressed out. Thanks for your help!!!

ellen
04/23/10
You are doing fine, and there are just a few adjustments I would suggest:

100 pieces chicken (legs and thighs)-fine
50 hot dogs- only need about 24-30
DO NOT forget buns, mustard, relish.
10 lbs potato salad\
8 lbs mac n cheese > among the three, probably fine, you will most likely run out of mac and cheese
8 lbs pasta salad /
5 loaves garlic bread
2 lbs baked beans- not nearly enough. You would want 3 pounds dried beans, or 1 1/2 gallons (2 #10 cans) canned

I would add 1 1/2 fruit trays of my fruit tray for 25; kids like it better than salad or veggies.

10 gallons of punch- way to much. I only do 6 gallons per 100 Have some 2 liter bottles of sprit in the fridge and just add in the unlikely event you get low. Have a sugarfree alternative, as well.
62 bottles of water- OK
Add dinner service coffee- 1/3 the amount for 100, see the beverage planning page

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design