Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Question on Fruit Quantity for Wedding Reception
Lynn
03/08/10
I am having a wedding reception for 150 people - wedding is at 2:00. I just looked at the Fruit Trays information and I am a little confused. On the site under the PLATTER PURCHASING GUIDE FOR 100. it says "You need 5-6 pieces of fruit per person, so for 100 people, you want 500 pieces selected and combined". Then under Ellen's Kitchen Fresh Fruit Purchase for Pineapple Platter for 25 - it has pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, grapes and strawberries. When I added up the pieces it came up to a little over 200 pieces.
I plan on having canteloupe, watermelon, pineapple, strawberries and grapes.
Can you please guide me?
ellen
03/09/10
This depends on what else is being served, for example, the platters as described are a main feature, while the 5-6 pieces are for a fruit offering in an array of mixed appetizers. I better put this on my edit for clarification list.

It is true you will need less than someone working on a mealtime. Still, the amount of fruit you need depends on what else you are serving. Write back.

Lynn
03/09/10
I will also be serving:
300 Chicken Fingers
252 rolls
22 lbs assorted meat tray
Chicken Salad - not sure of quantity
15 lbs assorted cheese
11 lbs crackers
1 gallon jar pickles
Veggie tray with
3 lbs broccoli
6 lbs carrotts
2 lbs celery
6 quarts cherry tomatoes
12 cucumbers
12 lbs assorted peppers
12 cups Ranch dressing
Will this work for the fruit:
9 cantaloupes
6 watermelons
9 pineapples
12 lbs grapes
18 pints strawberries
7 quarts of fruit dip
Thank you so much for your help.
ellen
03/10/10
That looks like plenty. You will want about 4 gallons of chicken salad if it is for sandwiches, about 6 if it is for plate service (grapes and almonds, etc).

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design