Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
wedding reception for 150
peg
02/07/10
Looking for how much of each item needed to feed 150 guests. Menu is veggie/dip, fruit cups. Antipasta,bow-tie pasta, stuffed shells, meatballs, italian sausages w/ onions and peppers, bread & butter. Wedding cake for dessert.
ellen
02/07/10
What is the time of day (meal or reception), how are you serving, is alcohol being served, what is the rest of the menu (bread, vegetables?)
peg
02/08/10
Ellen- This will be a meal served buffet style after a 5PM wedding. There will be beer and wine served.The menu listed above is thought to be the complete menu.
jsn
02/08/10
How much chicken for chicken salad do I need to purchase for 125 guest? also I want to make a fruit salad with strawberries, red and green grapes, red and green apple, and canned pinapple chuncks.
ellen
02/08/10
JSN, see the sandwich event page or the plan for 100 page for help on chicken salad amounts. Chicken salad recipes on the sandwich page or in this forum. 1 pound boneless skinless makes 2 cups meat, 1 pound whole chicken makes 1 cup.

See the fruit tray page for help on the fruit salad

ellen
02/09/10
Peg, this menu is a little lopsided as a stand alone for a dinner buffet.

veggie/dip, would skip if doing antipasto and add salad or veggie dish
fruit cups, see fruit tray page I would recommend fruit trays, hold better, present better and leftovers are more usable.
Antipasta, see appetizer page for both veggie only and meat and veggie guidelines,
www.ellenskitchen.com/bigpots/appetiz2.html
bow-tie pasta, would skip and do vegetarian casserole; eggplant parmesan, perhaps or roasted.
stuffed shells, 1 1/2 per person
meatballs, 3 ounces per person
italian sausages w/ onions and peppers, 4 ounces raw sausage PLUS equal weight veggies
bread & butter 10-12 pounds bread plus 3 pounds butter per 100 Whip the butter for spreadability and cost.

Wedding cake for dessert. Add dinner service of coffee, see beverage planning page.

jsn
02/09/10
how many grapes chopped do I need for a cup?
ellen
02/10/10
If you want your fruit salad not mushy, I would not chop grapes. Get small seedless, green or red, allow about 1 pound for 3 cups.
john
08/06/10
how much food for 150 people pulled pork chicken sausage/peppersonion etc.
ellen
08/08/10
John, this is essentially a DIY site where you use the tables to make an estimate, post it, and then I check it. If you are asking me how to divide up the meats alone, I need to know the rest of the menu, time of day, type of event and how served (plated, buffet, etc.)

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design