Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Thank you for that Protose-style loaf recipe
jennifer
04/17/09
Ellen,

Thank you for the recipe for the Worthington Protose-style loaf. I've been meaning to make it for ages even though I wasn't sure what a Worthington Protose loaf was. For some reason, I thought it would have a softer texture similar to a canned luncheon meat. Mine came out like a regular gluten loaf and was quite firm the next day. We ate it for dinner that night when it was finished cooking, but I think it was even better the next day when the flavors had a chance to come together. My husband loved it and made himself a lunch sandwich with it the next morning--a very rare event!

My only regret is using full fat instead of reduced-fat peanut butter. Given that it took less than 24 hours for the two of us to polish off half that loaf, I think I will definitely use reduced-fat pb next time. I froze the other half and will probably pull it out in a week or two to make breaded cutlets for the kids. I used corn soup and next time I will use butternut squash for a change.

Thanks again.

ellen
04/17/09
You're welcome.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design