Cooks Reach Out

Cook's Chat Forum

Learn How to Choose Web Hosting

Labyrinth Readers Society

ELLEN'S KITCHEN
Making tossed salad for 400
Scott
05/21/08
We are putting on a fundraiser, and I have been put in charge of making the tossed salad. We are anticipating feeding 400, and I need help with quantities. Of course, if I had quantities for 100, I could do the math. But have no idea where to start. I am planning on lettuce (what kind should I get?), cukes, tomatoes, carrots, and peppers (yellow?).......HELP!!!!
Cathy
05/21/08
Making tossed salad for 100
We are putting on a fundraiser to make chef salads. We are anticipating feeding 100, and I need help with quantities. Of course, if I had quantities for 100, I could do the math. But have no idea where to start. I am planning on lettuce (what kind should I get?), cukes, cherry tomatoes, carrots,peppers, shredded cheese, chunk ham. Saltine crackers
ellen
05/21/08
There is a plan for 100 list on the site with comprehensive directions for 6 different salad options for 100. Should do for you both. See also the veggie tray page for more ideas on varioous quantities and for dip/dressing help.

For the chefs salad you do the large tossed salad and add 2-3 ounces meats, 2 ounces sliced cheeses, 1 ounce croutons and 1 hard-cooked egg per person.

Crackers are always 6-7 pounds per 100, bread is about 10-12 pounds per 100.

Scott
05/22/08
I had already been to the "100" page, but all the tossed salad listing tells me is that I need 20 heads of lettuce. Can I find something more specifice regarding the other vegetables in the salad? numbers of cukes, tomatoes, carrots, etc??
ellen
05/22/08
Hi, Scott,

If you check out the veggie tray page, it tells things like weights of vegetable to get x numbers of pieces, perhaps that will help your plan.

Ginger
06/26/08
Making tossed salad for 250
what would I need for feed 250 people salad thats goes with pasta
ellen
06/26/08
Weights and amounts for various salads for 100 are on the plan for 100 page. Make an estimate and post, and I will be glad to check it for you. Or you can use the salad recipe in the pasta for 50-60 on the spaghetti page, making 4-5 times the amount listed there.
Arlene
06/18/09
making bannock for 400
I need to know how many cups of flour, how much lard or vegetable oil and how much baking powder I will need to feed 400 people. Please help
ellen
06/18/09
Go to my favorite baking site, baking911.com, for help. Have a nice tea party.
Tracey
02/04/10
How many pounds of tossed bag salad do I need to serve 350 people. It is a side salad to go with a steak dinner
ellen
02/05/10
See the salad planning area of the plan for 100 page.

What's New? Check Out the New Pages Page

Click Ellen's Kitchen Updates to request updates, suggest new topics or report a broken link, comment, or question. Put "updates" in the subject line if you are requesting updates. PLEASE send questions separately from update requests.

Copyright 1998-2012 -- All rights reserved --

This site maintained by Galaxy Website Design